Tampa Bay Tech invitational; 2/15/13 - 2/16/13
even though this is going under the journal section of my blog.. events pass, but lessons last a lifetime. I learned a lot from this trip, not about math, but LYFU
- actually, some of the lessons were academics-related. I now know how to write SAT style essays LOL which is the dumbest lesson to get now because I already took it and the book lied because they do judge it on length. there are probably so many other things that idk lol which means I really should take classes… but i’ll worry about that after all my obligations for this weekend are fulfilled.
- when most of the people were playing mafia in the back, I stayed in the front with Maggie and Cat talking to Albert o.o it’s so weird.. he’s so inspiring. and a really strange kind of inspiring, at that. he’d make you want to lead others like he does. to be inspiring, yourself, AND to be inspiring yourself; going back to the transcendentalist ideals and even John Donne’s meditation 17(?)(what # was it omg) there isn’t a point to knowing or being something if it doesn’t spark ideas and revelations in other people. we should learn to bring back something, for us and for others. what are we worth?
- I noticed, too, the differences between the schools’ reactions when a competitor for them placed.. it’s sad. some, Bucholz especially, were so “whatever” about their kids getting first place.. their school is legendary, I know, but it obviously still means something for the individual getting first place. honestly, we cheered more for your first place than you did, and we cheered more for our 16(?)th place than you did for your first. IT’S PATHETIC. our school even cheered for American Heritage, partly because we love the people over there, but mostly because RESPECT.. idgi.
- Albert runs funny
- I’m a lot more okay with smiling with my teeth now than I was before.. I used to hate it o.o I would smile before and it would look so insincere. but i’m getting much better with it.. hue
- I’m glad that Oscar could integrate into the group :p still worried about trynd though. He still seems lonely.. he really didn’t have much of anyone until he moved to the back of the bus, where it was easier to hide I guess o.o It’s harder to seem lonely in a group. But people are so important.